In comparison with motor driven conveyor systems, a system using gravity roller conveyors is a highly efficient and energy saving alternative.
Gravity roller conveyors can be integrated into high speed powered conveyor systems. In smaller installations with low throughput the use of gravity roller conveyor systems can considerably reduce the project cost.
TXS offers a complete range of modular gravity of powered conveyors.
Typically, gravity roller conveyors are used in order picking and dispatch areas, in storage aisles to move picking bins and containers and as low pressure short team accumulation areas at the end of packing zones.
In order to make the best use of gravity dependent roller conveyors, it is necessary to know the optimum decline angle that suits the type and weight of load being handled. Load must have at rigid bases and their length should cover at least three carrying rollers. To decelerate and halt bins and boxes at the end of the decline, rollers can be recalled with a static brake plate, or electrically or pneumatically operated brakes can be added.
The TXS-GRL gravity roller conveyor range comprises standard components which can be combined and adapted to suit client requirements. Tracks are based on the standard aluminum side section. Rollers are with spring loaded spindles as standard, but can be bolted for heavier loads.
- Economical initial cost
- Zero energy consumption* – environmentally friendly
- Low maintenance requirement
- Longevity due to use of quality components
- Ease of installation
- Low operational noise levels
- Complete systems possible with or without powered sections
Filed of Application
- Divert spurs on automatic sorting lines
- Manual bin & box transport in order picking aisles and loading zones
- Transfer lines between picking, order packing and dispatch
- Manual production lines
Key Performance Data*
- Weight load up to 100kg/m
- Widths from 100mm to 1400mm